The student workshop at GECCO (Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference) 2022 aims to provide a platform for graduate and undergraduate students to present their research on the topic at GECCO. This multi-session workshop supports students with their scientific work and facilitates their inclusion in the research community.
- Workshop submission deadline: April 11, 2022
- Decision notification: April 25, 2022
- Camera-ready submission: May 2, 2022
Call for Papers
Our call for papers is open to all papers mainly authored by students (Bachelor, Master or PhD) and covering topics related to genetic and evolutionary computation, for example related to any of the GECCO 2022 tracks:
- Ant Colony Optimisation and Swarm Intelligence
- Complex Systems
- Evolutionary Combinatorial Optimisation and Metaheuristics
- Evolutionary Machine Learning
- Evolutionary Multiobjective Optimisation
- Evolutionary Numerical Optimisation
- Genetic Algorithms
- General Evolutionary Computation and Hybrids
- Genetic Programming
- Real World Applications
- Search-Based Software Engineering
Your submission of up to 4 pages is required to contain previously unpublished work. The student(s) is/are not required to be the sole author(s), but, since this is an educational event, they must be the main contributor(s) as well as first and corresponding author(s) of the paper. The student(s) are also expected to present at the workshop. Therefore, please make sure to check your funding options for the registration fee before submission!
Your contribution should be formatted according to the Paper Submission Instructions, in PDF format, and not exceed 4 pages including references, as opposed to the regular full papers. Workshop papers will be published in the GECCO Companion Proceedings.
The papers submitted to Student Workshop will be reviewed in a double-blind review process and they should be ANONYMIZED. This means that they should NOT contain any element that may reveal the identity of their authors. This includes author names, affiliations, and acknowledgments. Moreover, any references to any of the author's own work should be made as if the work belonged to someone else.
Please note that the student workshop papers are managed using the GECCO submission system. Please note also that the paper submission form for the student workshop is separated from the other workshops. You will be required to provide:
- the degree the first author is currently pursuing (Bachelor, Master or PhD)
- at least one topic that is relevant for your paper (the topics correspond to the Tracks and will be used for reviewer assignment and statistics)
- your paper
Please let us know if you experience any problems with the submission process.
- GECCO Twitter: https://twitter.com/GeccoConf
- Previous student workshops: 2021; 2019; 2018; 2017; 2016; 2015; 2014; 2013
- William La Cava (Boston Children's Hospital and Harvard Medical School, USA)
- Nelishia Pillay (University of Pretoria, South Africa)