The SIGEVO Summer School (S3) goes into round 5. It will be held fully online on Gather and Zoom, covering the following areas of knowledge:
- General skills needed by GECCO researchers, e.g. reviewing, paper writing and presenting, as well as best practices for the empirical evaluation of evolutionary algorithms. Taught through lectures and small workshops led by summer school mentors.
- In-depth knowledge about specific topics within GECCO, mostly through attending tutorials and workshops associated with GECCO, see list of tutorials. Some mentor sessions will also be tailored towards specific research topics to allow for more in-depth discussions with an expert in the field.
The summer school is open to current students and recent graduates. There will also be ample chances to meet and work with other participants as well as senior researchers (our mentors) in a relaxed and smaller setting than during the main conference. Interested? See Call for Summer School for how to participate!
Note: Summer school participants need to register for both, the main conference and the school. It is not possible to register for the summer school, only.
- Miguel Nicolau, University College Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- Christine Zarges, Aberystwyth University, Wales, United Kingdom
Questions? Send us an email: sigevo-school at aber.ac.uk
- Juergen Branke, University of Warwick, United Kingdom
- Carola Doerr, CNRS and Sorbonne University, France
- Carlos M. Fonseca, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Manuel López-Ibáñez, University of Málaga, Spain
- Alberto Moraglio, University of Exeter, United Kingdom
- Leslie Pérez Cáceres, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso, Chile
The summer school will take place fully online from 20 - 24 June 2022 on Zoom and Gather.
The latest version of the programme is available for download (PDF). Last updated: June 15, 2021.
All times are stated in British Summer Time (UTC+1).